Wow!! A big, huge thank you to Earth Mermaid and Pudbakes for each of your Liebster awards!! Truly honored. I LOVE hearing from readers. After all, that IS why I write. Not because I love writing/reading my witty banter.
Where was I…oh yes…the Liebster! The award is given to blogs with under 200 followers. It’s a great way for bloggers to tag blogs they like and expand their network, while helping other up-and-coming blogs do the same. It also helps bloggers share a little about themselves and connect with their readers. All good things!
- Thank the person that nominated you and answer the 11 questions posted by your nominator. (Since I was nominated by 2 people, I’m going to choose 11 questions from the 22 I’ve been given….I don’t want to bore y’all talking about myself!!)
- Pass the award to 11 bloggers with <200 followers and ask them 11 questions to answer.
- Display the Liebster award in your post.
Questions from nominators:
- What is your absolute guilty pleasure?
Eating raw cookie dough. So bad but sooooo good.
- What about yourself do you like the most?
HAHAHA!!! I’m totally kidding! I like that my parents raised me to be a caring person and great friend to others. Sometimes my caring nature can be my downfall, but I wouldn’t change a thing.
- What is the most ridiculous child’s name you’ve heard in recent years?
Well, I work at a children’s hospital, so you’d be amazed by some of the names I see. However, due to HIPAA guidelines, I share them. But I WILL say celeb baby names amaze me. I think my favorite lately has been Kim Kardashian saying she likes the name Easton for her unborn child. As in, Easton West (father is Kanye West for those who are sheltered from pop culture). Really Kim?? Please don’t name your baby that….please. Ok, I’m off my soapbox now.
- If you could do one thing to change the world, what would it be?
Cure childhood obesity or cancer. Dream big, right?!
- Which is more meaningful to you- strong mind or strong body?
Strong mind. You can have the best body in the world, but you’ll get further in life if you have critical thinking skills, common sense, and some street smarts to get you through.
- If you had to choose whether to never eat meat or vegetables again, which would you choose and why?
To never eat meat again. I’m an omnivore, but love vegetables and eat them at every meal. Plus, without veggies, my diet would be unhealthy and nutrient deficient. Not good.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Greece, because it looks gorgeous. And because they have amazing food.
- Favorite tv series.
FRIENDS. Hands down. My best friends and I can quote most of the series, and have Friends references for almost everything!
- Favorite childhood book.
Amelia Bedelia books. Or Miss Piggle Wiggle. I loved both series!
- Any tips you would give to new bloggers?
Take and include pretty pictures! It attracts more readers.
- What encouraged you to start blogging?
Honestly? Watching people blogging on tv or movies and thinking “hmm, that’d be a great way to store/share my recipes. And it could help build a baking business.” And by tv and movies, I mean Sarah Jessica Parker writing on Sex and the City (yes, I realize she wasn’t blogging) and another movie whose name escapes me.
Bloggers I nominate. And ok, I cheated. Some of these blogs have >200 followers. Rules were made to be broken!!:
Now, 11 questions for y’all to answer:
1. What’s one thing on your “bucket list”?
2. Name something you’re proud of.
3. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
4. Worst cooking disaster has been…
5. What inspires you?
6. If you could visit any time era, which would it be?
7. What trait do you find most valuable in others?
8. If you could tell your 8yr old self something, what would it be?
9. Favorite book or tv show:
10. How long have you been blogging?
11. What’s your best blogging advice?